Heirlooming: Preserving the memories of your special day
With more than 40 year's experience, Faye's offers expert cleaning, preserving and restoration of your special gown. We offer:
- Free consultation: We will gladly inspect your dress with you and advise you on cleaning methods, stain removal, or any other concerns you may have. We want you to feel confident when you leave your dress in our care.
- Individual Attention: We hand spot and clean each gown individually-never with other garments. We use special techniques to protect fragile fabrics and beadwork while ensuring grimy hems come clean.
- Hand pressing: We press each layer, starting with the lining. Our silk presser is an expert at hand finishing complicated fashions.
- Acid-free preservation: Make your special gown a family heirloom with our breathable, acid-free packaging. Beautiful and sturdy, our acid-free boxes protect your gown from light, dust, insects and other damaging elements. Preserve your precious memories for a future bride.
Also, consider acid-free storage for your other memorable garments. We have keepsake boxes available in sizes that fit:
- Christening gowns
- Athletic uniforms
- Military jackets
- Hand made quilts, etc
- Restoration: Sometimes your special gown is the one hanging in the attic. If grandmother's dress is perfect EXCEPT it has yellowed from improper storage and has 50 year old stains on the skirt, bring it to Faye's. We will test the integrity of the fabric and consult with you on what we can do to bring the dress back to a wearable condition. We use gentle agents to whiten and brighten the fabric and replace the sizing for body. Restoration work is all done by hand with gentle, slow acting chemicals so please do give us as much time as possible.
We also use these gentle methods to restore antique christening and baptismal gowns.